10 Best Stovetop Griddle For Delicious And Crispy Homemade Food
Want a smoky texture on your food? Or Looking for a large cooking area to cook more food at once?
A stovetop griddle is the best solution because it comes with a large cooking area and adds a smoky texture to your food. As griddle provides higher heat retention with even heating, it is a perfect appliance to make delicious and crispy food at home.
When you’re cooking for the whole family, it’s become difficult to cook large batches of food due to the small size of skillets or fry pans. Also, the counter space of skillets is not suitable for sear marks on the food. But, the stovetop griddle has a large space to cook large batches and the raised surface gives perfect sear marks on food. As a result, the stovetop griddle is on-demand due to its versatility.
Our Top Pick of Best Stovetop Griddle
- Best Overall: Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Griddle
Comes with a reversible cooktop and provides unparalleled heat retention and even heating, making it overall best for your kitchen.
- Best Budget: Lodge Cast Iron Griddle
Cast iron built up, easily cleanable and a long handle is cheaper than most of the griddle.
- Best For Safe Cooking: Lodge Pro-Grid Cast Iron Reversible Griddle
With a round-shaped handle that provides enough space to grip, it is the best griddle for safe cooking.
- Best For Camping: Coghlan’s Two Burner Non-Stick Camp Griddle
Coated with heavy gauge aluminum and provides plenty of cooking space, this one is especially for outdoor use like camping.
- Best Seasoned: Legend Cast Iron Reversible Griddle
Comes with a seasoning of 100% vegetable oil that ensures quality cooking with long-lasting performance.
- Best For Single Burner: Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan
With lower sidewalls and higher heat retention, it is a perfect grill pan for single burner electric stoves.
- Best Non-Stick Griddle: Sensarte Pro-Grid Nonstick Griddle
Includes imported SGS approved non-stick coating that makes it the best non-stick griddle for healthy cooking.
- Best For Clean Cooking: Ecolution Reversible Double Burner Griddle
Comes with a grease trap that stores extra oil to avoid a greasy mess, ensures clean cooking.
- Best For Family Parties: IMUSA Double Burner Griddle
A large 24.8-inch non-stick cooking surface provides enough space to cook lots of food for family parties.
- Best For Multiple Cooking: Farberware Griddle Pan
With a top-quality textured non-stick surface, this griddle is perfect for multiple cooking.
Best Stovetop Griddle In a Video Review
Best Stovetop Griddle For Delicious Cooking
Stovetop griddles are easier to use and clean than traditional frying pans. On this point, we are here with some best stovetop griddles that can satisfy all your cooking needs.
1. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Griddle (16.75)
- Reversible Cooking Surface: Comes with a reversible cooking surface that is great for multiple cooking needs.
- Even-Heat Distribution: The premium cast iron materials provide unparalleled heat retention and even heating for perfect cooking results.
- Versatile Design: This can be used for sear, bake, fry, or grill, making the griddle versatile for cooking.
The first product in the pouch of the best stovetop griddle is a Pre-seasoned Cast Iron Griddle manufactured by Lodge Family. As this griddle includes both smooth and ribbed sides for reversible cooking, it is a versatile griddle to meet your multiple cooking needs. You can use the ribbed side for steak or hamburgers and a smooth side for eggs and sandwiches.
This cast iron griddle comes with dual handles that ensure great control and safety. Besides, the cast iron material provides unparalleled heat retention and even heating. Moreover, the size is perfect to fit over two stovetop burners.
Further, this griddle is rectangular shaped that gives extra area for your foods. Just pre-seasoned with 1% vegetable oil and cook the meal quickly. When it comes to cleaning, use a mild soap and warm water to wash the griddle. As this griddle can be used with any heat source, it is great for campfires or picnics.
One thing that may seem problematic is the grill non-flat surface causes lots of smoke while cooking. So, try to keep the food in a range from the griddle side to get smoke-free cooking. But, overall, this reversible cast iron griddle is perfect for quality cooking.
- Even heat distribution ensures perfect cooking results
- Reversible cooking surface to meet the multiple cooking needs
- It is great for campfires or picnics
- Perfect to fit over two stove top burners.
- Non-flat griddle surfaces cause lots of smoke while cooking.
2. Lodge Cast Iron Griddle
- Seasoned Cookware: A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100% vegetable oil; no synthetic coatings or chemicals.
- Easy-grip Handle: This griddle includes a long easy-grip handle that makes it easy to play with.
- Simply Cleanable: Washable by hand with mild soap; it is simple to clean.
Another from Lodge Family that is foundry seasoned, and you can use it right after purchase. Compared to the previous Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Griddle, this one includes a long easy-grip handle that makes it easy to play with. Besides, the cast iron materials provide heavy-duty performance with a wide cooking surface.
Well, the thing we want to talk about now is heat retention. As the griddle comes with a naturally easy-release finish, it is unparalleled in heat retention. Besides, it provides even heating that helps to cook faster and evenly. Further, the round-shaped size is perfect for all cooking surfaces, including grills and campfires. So, wherever you want, this griddle is ready to take down your hunger.
If you want to buy an easily cleanable griddle to avoid hard cleaning, this one is perfect for you. As it is washable by hand with mild soap, this griddle won’t take your whole day. After washing with clean water, dry it with a paper towel to get long-lasting services.
One issue that you may find unsetting after unboxing is the finishing of the griddle surface. It is a little bit rougher than others. But, the surface will improve once you start cooking. Keeping this minor flaw aside, it is a great value for your money.
- Long easy-grip handle makes it easy to play with
- Unparalleled Heat Retention ensures faster cooking results
- Simply cleanable and easy to maintenance
- Perfect for all cooking surfaces including grill and campfires.
- The finishing of the griddle surface is a little bit rougher.
3. Lodge Pro-Grid Cast Iron Reversible Griddle (20″)
- Even-Heat Distribution: This griddle provides even heating that cooks food faster and evenly.
- Large Cooking Area: With a 20 x 10.5 cooking area, this griddle is large enough to handle all your dishes.
- Reversible Cooking Surface: Both sides of the griddle can be used for multiple dishes, making the griddle reversible.
Our next griddle is also developed by Lodge Family. This 20-inch pro-grid cast iron griddle comes with a rectangular shape that gives sufficient cooking area for all your dishes. Just use 1% natural vegetable oil to season the griddle and cook the meal quickly.
Compared to the Lodge Cast Iron Griddle, this one is the complete opposite. As you can use both sides of this griddle for cooking, it is perfect to handle your family parties. So, use the ribbed side for cooking steak or hamburgers. Also, you can use the smooth side for making sandwiches or omelets.
On top of that, this griddle comes with a round-shaped handle that provides enough space to grip it. As a result, it is easy to lift or flip the griddle when it is not in use. Further, the griddle provides even heating that cooks food faster and evenly. Also, this griddle can be used on every heat surface like oven, stove, or campfire.
It has the same issue as the previous pre-seasoned reversible griddle; the non-flat surface of the grill causes lots of smoke. But, all in all, this best reversible griddle is perfect to meet your every cooking requirement.
- The large Cooking area provides enough space for cooking
- A reversible cooking surface helps to meet multiple dishes
- Round shaped handle is easy to lift or flip
- Even heat distribution cooks food faster and evenly.
- Non-flat surfaces of the griddle cause lots of smoke.
4. Coghlan’s Two Burner Non-Stick Camp Griddle
- Quality Material: This griddle is coated with heavy-gauge aluminum to ensure perfect cooking results.
- Non-stick Cooking Surface: With a non-stick cooking surface, it is easy to clean even with a heavy mess.
- Enough Space: Comes with enough cooking space to handle large dishes for your family.
If you’re looking for a griddle, especially for outdoor use like camping, this Coghlan non-stick camp griddle is perfect for you. As this griddle extends over two burners, you get plenty of space to make dishes for your whole family. So, whatever you want to cook on a family trip, this griddle is always on your side with delicious food.
It comes with a non-stick coating that ensures easy cleaning on a big mess. Besides, this griddle is dishwasher-safe to save your time and effort of cleaning. As it includes an integrated hook, you can hang it on a pot holder to dry after cleaning. Also, this hanging feature saves the space of your store.
Compared to the Lodge Pro-Grid Cast Iron Griddle, this one is coated with heavy-gauge aluminum to ensure perfect cooking results. With such a strong quality, it is an outstanding griddle for camp lovers.
One thing you have to know is that this griddle has a cold spot in the middle. Actually, this cold spot happened due to the space between burners. So, try to skip this cold spot for ideal cooking. Keeping this minor issue aside, this camp griddle is the ultimate solution for your outdoor adventure.
- The high-quality material ensures perfect cooking results
- The non-stick coating makes cleaning easy and simple
- Enough cooking space for handling large dishes
- Integrated hooks help in hanging and save space for storing.
- This griddle has cold spots in the middle.
5. Legend Cast Iron Reversible Griddle
- Premium Grade Material: Cast from solid and premium-grade steel and iron that provides lifelong durability.
- Dual Cooking Side: Both smooth and ribbed sides can be used, creating endless possibilities for cooking.
- Grease Reservoir: This griddle includes a grease reservoir that stores grease to make cleaning simple.
Compared to the Coghlan’s Non-Stick Camp Griddle, this Legend reversible griddle is cast from solid and premium-grade steel and iron. As a result, this cast iron griddle provides lifelong durability with quality services. With even heat distribution, this one is perfect for searing.
When it’s come to the cooking surface, this griddle features a scratch-free finish for perfect cooking results. Besides, the 20-inch size is ideal for two stove burners. Also, it is suitable for most heat sources like stoves, ovens, and campfires.
In addition, this cast iron combination comes with a seasoning of 100% vegetable oil to ensure quality cooking. As the griddle builds up with seasoning, it is ready for cooking as soon as you get it. Moreover, this griddle equally retains heat to provide the best cooking results.
Further, the dual cooking sides create endless possibilities for cooking. The ribbed side is perfect for grill marks and cooking burgers. On the other hand, the smooth side includes a grease reservoir that keeps the messy grease in a safe place until you’re ready to clean.
The only issue is this griddle has a little bit rougher cooking surface, which needs to be improved. Otherwise, this is the best flat top griddle for gas stoves.
- Premium-grade materials provide lifelong durability
- Grease reservoir store grease to avoid a greasy mess
- Suitable for most of the heat sources
- The dual cooking side creates endless possibilities of cooking.
- It has a slightly rougher cooking surface.
6. Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan
- Higher Heat Retention: The cooking surface includes higher heat retention to sear meat perfectly and keep food warm for a long time.
- Well Seasoned: Lodge seasoned cookware with 100% vegetable oil to make them always ready for use.
- Hot Handle Holder: It includes a silicone handle protector that protects hands from up to 450°F.
Imagine you are using your griddle for a long time, and the seasoning gets better day by day. Actually, we are talking about our next Cast Iron Griddle developed by Lodge Family. As they season cookware with 100% vegetable oil, their well-seasoned cookware is always ready to use. Also, this griddle includes a silicone handle protector that protects hands from up to 450°F.
As the cast iron materials ensure a high-quality design, this griddle provides lifetime durability with cooking versatility. Besides, it doesn’t have synthetic coatings or chemicals that provide odor-free dishes. Moreover, the cooking surface includes higher heat retention so that you can sear meat perfectly.
Further, this griddle can keep your food warm for a long time. With lower sidewalls and a wide cooking area, it is a perfect grill pan for electric stoves. Compared to the Legend Cast Iron Reversible Griddle, this one is perfect for a single burner.
The only problem you face when you’re cleaning it. This griddle is a little bit hard to clean the greasy mess. Also, don’t destroy the protective layers with hard scrubbing. But, all things considered, it is a great electric stove top griddle for making a variety of foods.
- Seasoning of the griddle gets better day by day
- Silicone handle protectors keep hands safe from burning
- Cast iron materials ensure high-quality design with durability
- Sear meat perfectly and keep food warm for a long time.
- Little bit hard to clean the greasy mess.
7. Sensarte Pro-Grid Nonstick Griddle
- Non-stick Coating: Comes with imported SGS approved non-stick coating, provides safe and healthy cooking.
- Grease Trap: Both cooking surfaces include grease traps to store drippings.
- Easily Cleanable: Use a paper towel or rinse with water to clean it. To save time, throw it in the dishwasher.
Here is another unique reversible griddle that is made of durable cast aluminum. As the griddle includes imported SGS approved non-stick coating, it provides safe and healthy cooking. Also, the 19.5-inch size fits over two stovetop burners and is easy to handle.
This Sensarte griddle comes with two cooking surfaces, including one flat cooking area and one ribbed side. The flat surface is ideal for cooking eggs or sandwiches, where the ribbed side is perfect for grilling and streaks. Besides, both cooking surfaces have a grease trap that stores drippings to avoid a grease mess.
In addition, the griddle includes holes for hanging. As a result, you can hang it to save storage space.
Compared to the previous Lodge Cast Iron Griddle, this one is pretty easy to clean. With a non-stick cooking surface, just wipe it with a paper towel for cleaning. Also, you can rinse it with water or throw it in the dishwasher to save time and effort.
The only problem is the griddle is lightweight because of the aluminum material. So, it may slide around when you’re stirring food. To avoid shaking, grip the handle while stirring. Apart from that, this reversible griddle is a perfect combo to handle multiple dishes.
- Cast aluminum makes it durable and long-lasting
- SGS approved coating ensures safe and healthy cooking
- Easily cleanable with a paper towel or water
- Grease traps store drippings to avoid a greasy mess.
- This light griddle may slide around when you’re stirring food.
8. Ecolution Reversible Double Burner Griddle
- Premium Material: Made of cast aluminum materials that provide strength and perform well for a long time.
- Non-stick Hydrolon Coating: The water-based non-stick hydrolon coating ensures a healthy cooking experience for your family.
- Dishwasher Safe: It is dishwasher safe that saves time and effort to clean up.
Like the previous Sensarte Pro-Grid Nonstick Griddle, this one is made of cast aluminum that provides strength and longevity. With such an extra-durable construction, it is built to perform for a long time. Besides, this cast aluminum’s excellent heat distribution helps you cook your entire meal on a single surface.
This reversible griddle comes with two cooking surfaces including one ribbed side for grilling food and one flat surface for making bacon or eggs. Also, these expansive cooking areas give enough space to make multiple meals. The best part is the ribbed side has a grease trap that stores extra oil to avoid a greasy mess. Moreover, the griddle includes a hole for hanging and saves space.
Further, the water-based non-stick hydrolon coating ensures a healthy cooking experience. As the griddle is dishwasher safe, it saves time and effort to clean up the kitchen. No need to struggle with the cleaning. Also, it is suitable for heat sources like gas, electric, or induction stovetops.
The only issue is that the edge of the griddle is a little bit bent which causes oil runoff. If you like to enjoy less oily food, then it will not bother you. Keeping this issue aside, this large stovetop grill plate is perfect for making an entire family meal.
- Premium materials provide strength and perform well
- Hydrolon coating ensures a healthy cooking experience
- Dishwasher cleaning saves time and effort
- Grease trap that stores drippings to avoid a greasy mess.
- The edge of the griddle is a little bit bent.
9. IMUSA Double Burner Griddle
- Large Cooking Area: With a 26-inch non-stick surface, it provides enough cooking space.
- Quick Preheating: Only 2.5 mm thickness, the griddle heats up quickly and saves the time of cooking.
- Heat distribution: Distributes heat evenly that allows cooking large amounts of food at the same time.
Compared to the previous Ecolution Reversible Double Burner Griddle, this one comes with a single cooking surface that is made of high-quality aluminum. As the griddle has a 24.8-inch non-stick cooking surface, it provides a large space to cook lots of food at the same time. So, if you are thinking of getting a griddle for your family, this large double burner griddle is the best option for cooking.
This Imusa griddle comes with soft-touch side handles that make it easy to handle and transport. Also, you can use this large size griddle like a serving tray.
When it comes to preheating, the 2.5 mm thickness heats up quickly and saves overall cooking time. Besides, the even heat distribution allows cooking large amounts of food. As a result, it is a permanent solution to make your daily meals. Moreover, this griddle sits across two burners and is compatible with most of the heat sources.
One only downside is, this one is not suitable for high temperatures. So, if you are looking for a griddle to use for high temperatures, we recommend you go for other options in this guide. But, all things considered, this large stovetop grill plate can handle the whole family’s lunch or dinner.
- Quick preheating saves time of cooking
- Even heat distribution allows cooking lots of food
- Large non-stick surface provides enough cooking space
- Soft-touch side handles make it easy to handle and transport.
- This griddle is not suitable for high temperatures.
10. Farberware Nonstick Griddle Pan
- Premium Material: Made of quality aluminum, heat up quickly and ensures fast cooking.
- Smartglide Nonstick System: Durable and top-quality textured surface for excellent food release and eye-catchy browning.
- Shatter-resistant Glass Lid: This glass lid helps you to monitor the food status while cooking.
Finally, we have an aluminum griddle pan that is manufactured by Farberware. As aluminum griddles heat up quickly and ensure fast cooking, this one is designed to meet up your cooking requirements. Besides, its distinctive exterior color can add style to the decor of the kitchen.
This griddle pan comes with a smart glide non-stick system that provides a durable, top-quality textured surface. As a result, this pan is excellent in food release and eye-catchy browning. Also, the non-stick surface is easy to clean with soapy water or a paper towel.
In addition, this griddle pan is oven safe up to 350°F; it can take the cooking to another level. With a riveted handle, your hands will be safe from burning. Another important thing is, it comes with a shatter-resistant glass lid. So, you can monitor the food status while cooking.
Like the Ecolution Reversible Griddle, this one is also dishwasher safe. So, when you don’t have time for cleaning, just throw this monster in the dishwasher.
The only issue is the center of the griddle pan has a hot spot. But, it creates problems only at high temperatures. Otherwise, it is the best grill pan America’s test kitchen ever made.
- Heat up quickly and ensures fast cooking
- Riveted handle keeps your hands safe from burning
- Glass lid offers to monitor the food status while cooking
- Provide excellent food release with eye-catchy browning.
- The Centre of the griddle has a hot spot.
Benefits Of Stovetop Griddles
When you are spending some bucks to buy a griddle, you have to know its benefits for quicker decisions. So, let’s dig into these benefits.
Low Learning Curve
Most of the cooking methods require master-level experience where cooking on stovetop griddles is comparatively easy and simple.
There are some difficulties in pan cooking like hot or cold spots, grease getting flames, and grease burning. Besides, flipping frying pans also creates wind up on the stove.
On the other hand, griddles are big enough to flip your food with freedom. Also, the even heat distribution ensures perfect juicy cooking results.
Take More Advantage Of Your Stovetop
Griddles geometry is more space-efficient than pans due to the rectangular shape of the griddle. Actually, a rectangular griddle can be compared with two round-shaped pans. As a result, you’re getting lots of space to cook your food.
In addition, you can make large batches of food at the same time. So, it becomes easy to handle the meal of a family. Moreover, you get extra space on your stovetop to cook other foods.
Cook a Wide Range of Foods
No matter if the dish is Mexican or Italian, a griddle can always satisfy you with the cooking results. Besides, the griddle can cover a wide range of food that saves your money to buy different cookware.
Further, most people think that electric griddles are only for making breakfast. Making breakfast is indeed easier on a griddle but you can try whatever you want. Trust me, the cooking results will be better with delicious taste and eye-catchy color.
Easy to Clean
Nowadays, griddles have become easier to clean due to their shape. As most of the griddle includes grease traps, they can store drippings to avoid a greasy mess. As a result, it becomes easy to keep your griddle clean.
On top of that, griddles come with a non-stick coating that ensures clean cooking. So, you can clean the cooking area with wipes of cloth. Also, the dishwasher-safe design saves your time and effort of cleaning.
How To Use Stovetop Griddle
For professionals, it is simple to use a stovetop griddle. But, if you want to use it for the first time, you have to follow some steps.
- First of all, you have to set the griddle properly to get even heating. If the griddle is rectangular, try to place the middle on the center of two burners. For an electric cooking surface, keep sure the griddle is flat enough to reach the whole surface.
- Then, set the desired temperature and preheat for some minutes. Preheating depends on the quality of the griddle materials. Besides, use a few drops of water to see the heating status.
- Further, apply a little amount of oil to avoid sticking. But, if the griddle has a non-stick cooking surface, it won’t stick to the food. So, you can skip this step for this type of griddle.
- Finally, your griddle is ready for cooking. Just maintain the temperature according to the recipes to get delicious meals for your family.
Things To Consider Before Buying Stovetop Griddle
To choose the best stovetop griddle for your kitchen, you need to consider some factors like size, materials, versatility and oven-safe temperature, etc. So, let’s discuss these factors to give you clear ideas.
Size depends on the requirement of your cooking. For example, if your family consists of 2-3 members, small size like a 10-12″ griddle pan is enough for you. But, if you want to make food for more than 5 people, you have to go for a 16-20 inch griddle.
On top of that, select a 2 burner grill only if 3 or 4 burners are available because you need extra burners to cook other dishes.
Usually, griddles are made of iron, aluminum, or steel. Iron-made griddles are stronger and heavier. As a result, these griddles are set on the stovetop perfectly. But, the problem is iron can be rusty if you don’t clean it right after cooking.
Aluminum griddles are durable compared to iron. But, as aluminum griddles are light, they shake a lot while you’re cooking. On the other hand, steel griddles are built to last and ensure durability. Also, you can go for composite materials to get improved performance.
Before buying a griddle, keep sure the griddle is versatile to meet up your cooking needs. As the reversible griddle is more versatile than the traditional ones, it provides more options to cook various types of food. So, it is wise to choose a reversible griddle for your kitchen.
4. Oven-safe Temperature
It determines how much temperature a griddle can handle while cooking in the oven. Some griddles are safe up to 350°F, and some are safe up to 450°F. It is better to go for a higher oven-safe temperature so that you can cook a variety of foods. So, try to select one with a high oven-safe temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions of Best Stovetop Griddle
Finally, we have come to the end of our detailed guide. If you’re looking for a cast iron griddle to handle multiple cooking, we suggest you go for Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Griddle. For outdoor use like camping or picnic, the Coghlan’s Two Burner Non-Stick Camp Griddle would be the best pick for you.
The IMUSA Double Burner Griddle can handle family parties among these griddles due to its large 24-inch size. Choose any of these griddles right now, or use our guide to select the best one. So, get your griddle today and enjoy a delicious meal with your family.